[ovirt-users] error: hosted engine setup

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue May 30 06:50:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM, <ovirt at fateknollogee.com> wrote:

> Per this blog post http://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017
> /04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4-1-and-gluster-storage/ I already deleted
> "ifcfg-eth0.bak"
> The first time I ran the setup, I had an error, so I deleted that file on
> all 3 nodes.

Since you're testing this in a nested environment, I would suggest to
restart from scratch ensuring nested virtualization is enabled before
starting the installation process.

> On 2017-05-29 03:39, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
>
>> It seams that VDSM is not correctly able to crete the managem bridge
>> since NetworkManager reports an error about
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.bak
>> Did you manually copied it? could you please move it away?
>>
>> May 28 23:45:13 ovirt-node1.lab vdsm[13288]: vdsm
>> jsonrpc.JsonRpcServer ERROR Internal server error
>>                                              Traceback (most recent
>> call last):
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yajsonrpc/__init__.py", line 565, in
>> _handle_request
>>                                                  res =
>> method(**params)
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/rpc/Bridge.py", line 198, in
>> _dynamicMethod
>>                                                  result =
>> fn(*methodArgs)
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/share/vdsm/API.py", line 1575, in setupNetworks
>>
>> supervdsm.getProxy().setupNetworks(networks, bondings, options)
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 53, in
>> __call__
>>                                                  return callMethod()
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 51, in
>> <lambda>
>>                                                  **kwargs)
>>                                                File "<string>", line
>> 2, in setupNetworks
>>                                                File
>> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/multiprocessing/managers.py", line 773, in
>> _callmethod
>>                                                  raise
>> convert_to_error(kind, result)
>>                                              DBusException:
>> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings.InvalidConnection: ifcfg path
>> '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.bak' is not an ifcfg base
>> file
>>
>> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:23 AM, <ovirt at fateknollogee.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2017-05-29 03:19, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> could you please attach vdsm and hosted-engine-setup log files?
>>>
>>> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:15 AM, <ovirt at fateknollogee.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Trying to complete the hosted engine setup, I get this Error
>>> message:
>>> Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': The VM is not powering up:
>>> please check VDSM logs
>>> Hosted Engine deployment failed: this system is not reliable,
>>> please check the issue,fix and redeploy
>>>
>>> I will restart the setup & see if that clears things up.
>>>

>> I can't re-run the setup since I now have the following errors:
>>
>> The following VMs have been found:
>> 48190b5d-835c-4417-9f2b-0af51558b594
>> -Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': Cannot setup Hosted
> [...]

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>