[ovirt-users] no spm node in cluster and unable to start any vm or stopped storage domain

Moritz Baumann moritz.baumann at inf.ethz.ch
Tue May 30 07:58:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

>     VDSM ovirt-node01 command SpmStatusVDS failed: (13, 'Sanlock
>     resource read failure', 'Permission denied')
>

> What do you see on sanlock.log?

I have attached the gzipped sanlock

> What kind of storage do you have, that you experience a permission
> denied error?

it is nfs3 based and I did an upgrade from RHEL 6.8 -> 6.9 and rebooted
the storage. I paused all running vms but forgot to put the storage
domains into maintenance.
At the moment all vms are stopped (clean) so I "could" remove the nodes
and reinstall if this helps.

> Is it a file-system based one, with actual permission issue?

filesystem permissions are good, selinux is permissive at the moment.

Cheers,
Mo