[ovirt-users] Nested KVM: what is the correct setup

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Tue May 30 13:55:13 UTC 2017

You need in the VMs to have the 'vmx' flag, if you are using libvirt
you most likely should use 'host-passthrough' mode, otherwise nested
virtualization might not work. Regardless of the emulated CPU type,
you need to ensure 'vmx' flag is there, this can also be done
explicitly in the libvirt XML.

If this is only for testing - I may suggest using oVirt system tests,
which will do all these steps for you and setup a working oVirt
environment(engine + 2 hosts). But, you will need to run it on a
physical host.