[ovirt-users] Unable to add storage domains to Node Hosted Engine

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue May 30 14:55:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com> writes:

>     5. When I install Hosted Engine from the Node web interface, I select NFS4
>     for the storage and provide the correct host:/path.  Other than that, and
>     setting up static network details and email details, I follow the default
>     prompts of the Hosted Engine setup.
>
> AFAIK loopback mount an NFS share could lead to deadlocks:
> https://lwn.net/Articles/595652/

This article is from 2014.  Are you saying that this issue hasn't been
fixed in the intervening three years?

FWIW I'm running with Loopback NFS on my single-host Ovirt 4.0.6 system
and it's been running happily for a while now.  I would have happily
used a local filesystem, but the hosted-engine code wouldn't let me.
Setting up loopback NFS was easier than trying to learn GlusterFS and
figure out how to loopback Gluster.

On the other hand, my system does have 256GB of RAM, with only about 50%
being used, so that also might work in my favor.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745