[ovirt-users] SQL : last time halted?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Tue May 30 15:29:41 UTC 2017

On 05/30/2017 05:02 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to clean up the VMs list of my DCs.
> I think some of my users have created VM they're not using anymore, but
> it's difficult to sort them out.
> In some cases, I can shutdown some of them and wait.
> Is there somewhere stored in the db tables the date of the last VM
> exctinction?
>
> Thank you.

Did you consider using the API? There is a 'stop_time' attribute that
you can use. For example, to list all the VMs and sort them by stop time
you can use the following Python script:

---8<---
import ovirtsdk4 as sdk
import ovirtsdk4.types as types

# Create the connection to the server:
connection = sdk.Connection(
    url='https://engine.example.com/ovirt-engine/api',
    username='admin at internal',
    password='...',
    ca_file='/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem'
)

# List the virtual machines:
vms_service = connection.system_service().vms_service()
vms = vms_service.list()

# Sort the them by stop time:
vms.sort(key=lambda vm: vm.stop_time)

# Print the result:
for vm in vms:
    print("%s: %s" % (vm.name, vm.stop_time))

# Close the connection to the server:
connection.close()
--->8---