[ovirt-users] how to clean stuck task

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 18:06:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'd prefer to avoid direct manage of the rdbms...
>
> As it happened on Friday, after running again the command
>
> PGPASSWORD=... /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils/unlock_entity.sh -t
> all -u engine
>
> now the gui after some time shows no active task
>
> but the vm still shows as locked and in the event pane I only have the
> message
> Snapshot '13-11-2017-16-30-Danilo' creation for VM 'apex' was initiated by
> user1 at internal-authz.
> but no message about its correct completion
>
> This is my disks' subtab situation for the vm, where it seems all ok:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tF3VdA8gzMVvtn2x4HTKOmltRmUR7
> cTG/view?usp=sharing
>
> And this the snapshots' subtab where it seems all ok:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbEhdS6eOZL-f8y5xCnuc_4_
> HsYM4mAa/view?usp=sharing
>
> But the VM has the lock symbol in side of itself.
> Any guidance appreciated, both to solve the problem and to understand if
> the snapshot is consistent, as a user should to changes to the VM with a
> chance to have to come back
>
> Gianluca

I have just verified that if I run a new task (in my case has been the
removal of the snaptest VM), suddenly I see from 0 to 3 tasks, with the
deletion task completing with success, while the 2 stale tasks appearing
again in the task pane where they disappeared
see here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xcbJsI02iSEAHYEiFYkRWvz9SW_ElsIY/view?usp=sharing