[ovirt-users] how to clean stuck task

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 22:37:36 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fred Rolland <frolland at redhat.com> wrote:

> For cleaning these "Tasks" entries (which are actually Jobs in the DB),
> you will need to use taskcleaner.sh.
> The unlock_entity.sh is for removing locks on entities.

ok. Thanks for clarifying the concept.
But from the inline help of taskcleaner.sh it is not so clear to me which
option makes it display vs remove...
Perhaps without options it only display? or with "-T" it first displays
asking if I want to remove "all comands that have running tasks"?
How can I only display?

> Before running the task cleaner, you need to be sure you actually don't
> have any tasks running in the SPM.

How can I check this?
Is still valid this command I found on a previous (around 2014) thread and
executed on the SPM (as shown in web admin portal) host right now?

[root at ov300 vdsm]# vdsClient -s 0 getAllTasksStatuses
{'status': {'message': 'OK', 'code': 0}, 'allTasksStatus': {}}

[root at ov300 vdsm]#

Does it mean no task?

> Regarding the snapshot creation on 'apex", can you provide the logs around
> the time of the operation?

engine.log is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nD0p90ZvwphrEafgKZkCCquNu_
vVY8p8/view?usp=sharing

vdsm log of the SPM host in .xz format here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zzk04W6400wPh1sM8O4WyFDAGQaqa
UZK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Gianluca