[ovirt-users] User cannot create VMs having sufficient permissions to do so

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Wed Oct 18 10:04:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

We're running ovirt-4.1.6.2-1. We have a user that logs into the user
portal and tries to create a VM, but a message claiming that "There is
no Cluster on which you can create a VM. Please check Data Center status
and Cluster permissions." shows up.

However, this user has permissions on the cluster (both VmCreator and
DiskProfileUser, and also has a Quota created on the Cluster which
allows him to create VMs).

When clicking on the 'New VM' button, all we see in the engine.log is:

2017-10-18 10:59:31,825+01 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetAllLabelsQuery] (default task-103)
[c23549c6-37a4-48d7-923d-6618e027cdca] Query execution failed due to
insufficient permissions.

This user has pretty much the same permissions as thousands of users who
can create VMs, but this one can't.

How can we debug what's happening and how to solve it?

Thanks.