[ovirt-users] Can oVirt run on VM of VirtualBox or Guest of KVM/QEMU, just for testing ?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 06:01:09 UTC 2017

On Oct 27, 2017 7:24 AM, "Stephen Liu" <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Can oVirt run on VM of VirtualBox or Guest of KVM/QEMU, just for testing ?

Yes, you can. You need to enable nested virtualization.
Y.

I have been running both VirtualBox and KVM/QEMU for prolonged time.  I
never tried oVirt before.  Now I'm prepared testing oVirt but I have only 2
PCs, one running KVM/QEMU and another VirtualBox.  If I can't install oVirt
on VM of VirtualBox nor on Guest of KVM/QEMU then I have to get a new HD
for testing oVirt?

Please advise.  Thanks

Regards
SL