[ovirt-users] hyperconverged question

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:22:09 UTC 2017

@ Jim - you have only two data volumes and lost quorum. Arbitrator only
stores metadata, no actual files. So yes, you were running in degraded mode
so some operations were hindered.

@ Sahina - Yes, this actually worked fine for me once I did that. However,
the issue I am still facing, is when I go to create a new gluster storage
domain (replica 3, hyperconverged) and I tell it "Host to use" and I select
that host. If I fail that host, all VMs halt. I do not recall this in 3.6
or early 4.0. This to me makes it seem like this is "pinning" a node to a
volume and vice versa like you could, for instance, for a singular
hyperconverged to ex: export a local disk via NFS and then mount it via
ovirt domain. But of course, this has its caveats. To that end, I am using
gluster replica 3, when configuring it I say "host to use: " node 1, then
in the connection details I give it node1:/data. I fail node1, all VMs
halt. Did I miss something?