[ovirt-users] ovirt high points

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Thu Sep 7 21:04:29 UTC 2017

On 09/07/2017 03:49 PM, Michael Kleinpaste wrote:
...snippity di do da...
> really, so purchasing VMware just doesn't make sense.  We've also found
> VMware to not be as stable as oVirt.   Our initial oVirt system has been
> running for about 3-4 years (I'd have to look at the ticket to get the
> exact date) without so much as a reboot.  Our VMware systems kept
> getting kernel errors about every 2 months further prompting us to look
> elsewhere.

Not to defend VMware too much, but if you buy certified HW for VMware,
I've never had the purple screen of death.  With that said, I have had
the purple screen of death using non-certified VMware HW.

Just saying... and again, it does mean that you need to usually spend
more for an effective VMware setup.