[ovirt-users] Server Not Responding

Bryan Sockel Bryan.Sockel at altn.com
Wed Sep 13 15:09:10 UTC 2017

Hi

Having an issue where i frequently have a server that is set to not
responsive.  VM's are set to unknown status, but still continue to run.
This issue is isolated to just a single host.  My Setup is currently a 2
Data Center Configuration with 2 servers in each data center.  Issue is
occurring at my remote site.

The primary storage volumes are setup on dedicated hardware, with the
arbiter running on the server that is having issues.  There is also another
gluster replica volume hosted on this box, the replica is the other
dedicated server.

The logs are showing:

[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler8) [] Command 'GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand(HostName =
vm-host-colo-1, VdsIdAndVdsVDSCommandParametersBase:{runAsync='true',
hostId='e75d4446-9bfc-47cb-8bf8-a2e681720b66',
vds='Host[vm-host-colo-1,e75d4446-9bfc-47cb-8bf8-a2e681720b66]'})' execution
failed: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection timeout

[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.monitoring.HostMonitoring]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler8) [] Failure to refresh host 'vm-host-colo-1'
runtime info: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection timeout.

I have attached the vdsm.log from the server with issues and the engine.log.

Thanks

Bryan Sockel