[ovirt-users] Unable to resolve gluster hooks conflict

Sherin George allmyforums at outlook.in
Sun Sep 17 07:29:30 UTC 2017

Hello Guys,

I am trying to fix an issue with "hooks conflict".

Basically, I am seeing an exclamation mark for the hook "57glusterfind-delete-post.py" due to hooks conflict.

I am seeing this in Ovirt >> Clusters >> GlusterStorage >> Gluster Hooks >> "57glusterfind-delete-post.py"

When I started, the hook "57glusterfind-delete-post.py" was missing in some gluster hosts. So, I used "Resolve Conflicts" option and copied hooks in all gluster hosts.

Now, I am able to see the hook in all gluster hosts and I am able to see same md5 sum for all hosts

However, the exclamation mark for "57glusterfind-delete-post.py" is still there.

When I examined each hook in "Resolve Content Conflict" option, I noticed that same code is shown for hook for all gluster hosts. However, the code is not shown when I check engine. Engine also shows same md5 sum as other gluster hosts.

I tried to run "Resolve Conflicts" with "Resolve Content Conflict" option to copy the hook from a gluster host to others. However, the tool failed to see any content difference and it is giving me the error "Error while executing action: Cannot edit Gluster Hook. There are no conflicting servers to add or update hook."

I think it is because same md5 sum is found for all.

Any ideas or insights about a solution is much appreciated.

SG