[ovirt-users] VM running on multiple hosts

Logan Kuhn support at jac-properties.com
Wed Sep 20 16:06:48 UTC 2017

We had an incident where a VM hosts' disk filled up, the VMs all went
unknown in the web console, but were fully functional if you were to login
or use the services of one.  We couldn't migrate them so we powered them
down on that host and powered them up and let ovirt choose the host for it,
same as always.  However the disk image on a few of them were corrupted
because once we fixed the host with the full disk, it still thought it
should be running the VM.  Which promptly corrupted the disk, the error
seems to be this in the logs:

2017-09-19 21:59:11,058 INFO
 [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.monitoring.VmAnalyzer]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler3) [36c806f6] VM
'70cf75c7-0fc2-4bbe-958e-7d0095f70960'(testhub) is running in db and not
running on VDS 'ef6dc2a3-af6e-4e00-aa4
0-493b31263417'(vm-int7)

We upgraded to 4.1.6 from 4.0.6 earlier in the day, I don't really think
it's anything more than coincidence, but it's worrying enough to send to
the community.

Regards,
Logan