[ovirt-users] VM won't start if a Cinder disk is attached

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 08:13:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 11:54 PM Maxence SARTIAUX <msartiaux at it-optics.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's the vdsm.log from the time when i started the VM.
>
> https://pastebin.com/MWdTR0Gr    (i've omited glusterfs volume & server
> list lines to have something a bit more readable)
>
> Ovirt version is 4.1.6.2-1.el7 (updated since the first mail)
> Ceph 12.2.0
> Cinder 10.0.5

Hi Maxence,

It is hard to work using your pasted log, and I'm not sure about stuff you
omitted from the log.

Please attach complete logs from the time you started the vm.
/var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log
/var/log/libvirt/qemu/vdi-admin.log
(vm name taken from the domain xml you posted)

Also, can you access this disk using rbd command line? you will need to
place
ceph secret in /etc/ceph on the host to test this.

You can also file ovirt bug, will make it easier to collect logs and track
this issue.

Nir