[ovirt-users] Renaming or deleting ovirtmgmt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 14:16:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Michael Burman <mburman at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello Gianluca,
>
> This is not the right flow. If you would like to have any other network in
> your cluster as the management network, then you need to create it as the
> management network of the cluster and then add hosts to the cluster, then
> the new network which was defined as the management network of the cluster
> will be the management network of the host/s in the cluster.
>
> The correct flow will be :
> 1) Create new network for example - 'net1-mgmt'
> 2) Give 'net1-mgmt'  a management role via manage networks, it can be done
> via networks>clusters flow or via Cluster>logical networks flow(note that
> management network must be required and attached)
> 3) Create cluster and choose 'net1-mgmt' as the management network of the
> cluster
> 3) Add/install the host in the cluster
>
> See also - https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/
> network/management-network-as-a-role/
> It's a network feature since 3.6
>
> Cheers)

OK.
But what if the hosts already existed before?
Can I
1) delete host from engine gui
2) remove ovirt packages from host
3) verify also /var/lib/vdsm is removed
4) reboot host and verify all ok as a standalone server
5) add the host to the engine
Will step 5) have problems because y host is sort-of-already-known by the
engine before?

Also, is it expected that if I set another network as mgmt one for a
cluster, still I cannot remove the default ovirtmgmt network from that
cluster?

Thanks
Gianluca