[ovirt-users] Renaming or deleting ovirtmgmt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:24:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Michael Burman <mburman at redhat.com> wrote:

> I was referring to situation in which the host was there before, but you
> need to re-install it to the new cluster with the new management network.
>
> No package removing is needed at all. Why would you do steps 2-4? no need.
> Step 5 should work.
>
> I'm not sure i understand what you mean by ' still I cannot remove the
> default ovirtmgmt network from that cluster'??
> Do you want to detach it from the cluster?
> Do you want to remove it from the DC?
> Note that you can change the management network role only if the cluster
> has no hosts in it.

I will try this way.
Normally in my setups the ip on the mgmt network of the host is also the ip
corresponding to its hostname
When I delete a host from engine, what happens in relation to its network
files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory and the contents of
/var/lib/vdsm/ directory and its subdirectories?