[ovirt-users] iSCSI VLAN host connections - bond or multipath & IPv6

Ben Bradley listsbb at virtx.net
Thu Sep 28 21:27:45 UTC 2017

On 28/09/17 08:32, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Ben Bradley <listsbb at virtx.net
> <mailto:listsbb at virtx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I'm looking to add a new host to my oVirt lab installation.
>     I'm going to share out some LVs from a separate box over iSCSI and
>     will hook the new host up to that.
>     I have 2 NICs on the storage host and 2 NICs on the new Ovirt host
>     to dedicate to the iSCSI traffic.
>     I also have 2 separate switches so I'm looking for redundancy here.
>     Both iSCSI host and oVirt host plugged into both switches.
>
>     If this was non-iSCSI traffic and without oVirt I would create
>     bonded interfaces in active-backup mode and layer the VLANs on top
>     of that.
>
>     But for iSCSI traffic without oVirt involved I wouldn't bother with
>     a bond and just use multipath.
>
>      From scanning the oVirt docs it looks like there is an option to
>     have oVirt configure iSCSI multipathing.
>

> Look for iSCSI bonding - that's the feature you are looking for.

Thanks for the replies.

By iSCSI bonding, do you mean the oVirt feature "iSCSI multipathing" as
mentioned here
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Storage/ ?

Separate links seems to be the consensus then. Since these are links
dedicated to iSCSI traffic, not shared. the ovirtmgmt bridge lives on
top of an active-backup bond on other NICs.

Thanks, Ben