[ovirt-users] Fw: Data Operations On Any Host

Cryptic cryptic5000 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 08:02:12 UTC 2018

Hi to all,

In relation to the changes made to distribute data operations between all the hosts in a data center rather than burden the SPM. I am very new to oVirt and am having troubles finding information on this and need assistance to prevent this happening on my development oVirt 4.2 system. The issue I have is that I have a cluster which hosts all the storage volumes using gluster and they have 10G NICs. I also have a separate cluster which is virtualisation only and each host only has 3 x 1G aggregated NICs. When I perform disk moves between storage domains it often uses one of the virtualisation hosts which drastically increases the time taken to move the disk. Can I restrict these types of operations to a set of hosts or turn it off altogether so that it just uses the SPM like it used to in the past. Distributing it is a great feature but unfortunately is no good in my current setup.

Regards,
Jeremy