[ovirt-users] mismatch between openshift rpm and openshift release during metric store installation

Nicolas Vaye nicolas.vaye at province-sud.nc
Tue Apr 3 04:51:14 UTC 2018

Hello,

during the installation of metric store server
https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/metrics/metrics-store/
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/metrics/metrics-store-installation/#run-ovirt-metrics-store-installation-playbook
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/metrics/setting-up-viaq-logging/

i have the following issue during the execution of
ANSIBLE_LOG_PATH=/tmp/ansible.log ansible-playbook -vvv -e @/root/vars.yaml -i /root/ansible-inventory-origin-37-aio playbooks/byo/config.yml

TASK [openshift_version : For an RPM install, abort when the release requested does not match the available version.] ********************************************************************

task path: /usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible/roles/openshift_version/tasks/main.yml:190

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {

    "assertion": "openshift_version.startswith(openshift_release) | bool",

    "changed": false,

    "evaluated_to": false,

    "msg": "You requested openshift_release 3.7, which is not matched by\nthe latest OpenShift RPM we detected as origin-3.10.0\non host localhost.\nWe will only install the latest RPMs, so please ensure you are getting the release\nyou expect. You may need to adjust your Ansible inventory, modify the repositories\navailable on the host, or run the appropriate OpenShift upgrade playbook."

}

        to retry, use: --limit @/usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible/playbooks/byo/config.retry

PLAY RECAP *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

localhost                  : ok=59   changed=4    unreachable=0    failed=1

Failure summary:

  1. Hosts:    localhost

     Play:     Determine openshift_version to configure on first master

     Task:     For an RPM install, abort when the release requested does not match the available version.

     Message:  You requested openshift_release 3.7, which is not matched by

               the latest OpenShift RPM we detected as origin-3.10.0

               on host localhost.

               We will only install the latest RPMs, so please ensure you are getting the release

               you expect. You may need to adjust your Ansible inventory, modify the repositories

               available on the host, or run the appropriate OpenShift upgrade playbook.

What can i do ?

ansible.log in attachment.

Regards,

Nicolas VAYE