[ovirt-users] oVirt non-self-hosted HA

TomK tomkcpr at mdevsys.com
Tue Apr 3 12:12:58 UTC 2018

Hey Guy's,

If I'm looking to setup the oVirt engine in an HA configuration off the
physical servers hosting my VM's (non self hosted), what are my options
here?

I want to setup two to four active oVirt engine instances elsewhere and
handle the HA via something like haproxy / keepalived to keep the entire
experience seamless to the user.

 From what I've seen in oVirt, that seems to be possible without the two
oVirt engines even knowing each other's existence but is it something
anyone has ever done?  Any recommendations in this case?

Having settings replicated would be a bonus but I would be comfortable
if they weren't and I handle that myself.

--
Cheers,
Tom K.