[ovirt-users] oVirt non-self-hosted HA

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 13:32:42 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM, TomK <tomkcpr at mdevsys.com> wrote:

> Hey Guy's,
>
> If I'm looking to setup the oVirt engine in an HA configuration off the
> physical servers hosting my VM's (non self hosted), what are my options
> here?
>
> I want to setup two to four active oVirt engine instances elsewhere and
> handle the HA via something like haproxy / keepalived to keep the entire
> experience seamless to the user.

You will need to set up the oVirt engine service as well as the PG database
(and ovirt-engine-dwhd service and any other service we run next to the
engine) as highly available module.
In pacemaker[1], for example.
You'll need to ensure configuration is also sync'ed between nodes, etc.
Y.

[1] https://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat.html