[ovirt-users] Now way to install on EFI and ISCSI

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Wed Apr 4 10:21:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've a Epyc-based Supermicro Server that should act as ovirt host by
using ovirt-node-next installed on ISCSI Boot Target. I already
installed an EFI bootable OS (Ubuntu 16.04) on the Hardware using ISCSI
Target as Boot-Disk. So far that works.

If I try to install ovirt-node-next (tried
ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.2-2018032906.iso,
ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.2-2018040306.iso mounted via KVM as CD)
I'm not able to use auto-partitioning nor manual partitioning to set the
system up. Accessing the ISCSI Target (50GB) works. I created all the
mount-points, including /boot and EFI System Partition /boot/efi. The
installer automatically proposes /, /var /home and swap on thinpool LVMs
which is ok.

After having it ready the installer either doesn't accept "Done" as if
no EFI Partition was prepared. If I highlight the EFI Partition and
click Done it works but the Installer overview doesn't allow to start
installation and storage configuration ist marked with a warning sign.

The system is booted definitely via EFI from th installer CD.

Bye
--

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wilhelm Dohmen