[ovirt-users] Engine reports

Shirly Radco sradco at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 12:17:07 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

The installation instructions currently support OpenShift 3.6.

I'm now working on updating them to support 3.9.

You currently have 3.10 installed.

Please install OpenShift 3.9 using this repository
https://github.com/ViaQ/Main/blob/master/centos7-viaq.repo

And add the following file to your vm

Run:
vi /root/ansible-inventory-origin-39-aio

Add:

--------------
[OSEv3:children]
nodes
masters
etcd

[OSEv3:vars]
ansible_connection=local
openshift_release=v3.9
openshift_logging_install_logging=true
short_version=3.9
openshift_deployment_type=origin
openshift_master_identity_providers=[{'mappingMethod': 'lookup',
'challenge': 'true', 'login': 'true', 'kind':
'AllowAllPasswordIdentityProvider', 'name': 'allow_all'}]
# bug - doesn't use correct tag
openshift_logging_image_version=v3.9
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_proxy_image_version=v1.0.0

openshift_logging_es_allow_external=True
openshift_logging_use_mux=True
openshift_logging_mux_allow_external=True
openshift_logging_mux_file_buffer_storage_type=hostmount
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_storage_type=hostmount
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_hostmount_path=/var/lib/elasticsearch

[nodes]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

[masters]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

[etcd]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

------------

Save and exit.

***Please make sure that you use /var as your Elasticsearch persistent
storage directory.

And when you run the OpenShift ansible (
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/metrics/setting-up-viaq-logging/#running-ansible)
use the file you just created like this:

# cd /usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible
# (or wherever you cloned the git repo if using git)
ANSIBLE_LOG_PATH=/tmp/ansible.log ansible-playbook -vvv -e @/root/vars.yaml
-i /root/*ansible-inventory-origin-39-aio* playbooks/byo/config.yml

Best regards,

--

SHIRLY RADCO

BI SeNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER