[ovirt-users] Decrease downtime for HA

Daniel Menzel daniel.menzel at hhi.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 4 13:36:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

we're successfully using a setup with 4 Nodes and a replicated Gluster
for storage. The engine is self hosted. What we're dealing with at the
moment is the high availability: If a node fails (for example simulated
by a forced power loss) the engine comes back up online withing ~2min.
But guests (having the HA option enabled) come back online only after a
very long grace time of ~5min. As we have a reliable network (40 GbE)
and reliable servers I think that the default grace times are way too
high for us - is there any possibility to change those values?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel