[ovirt-users] I broke my ovirt real good....

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:26:07 UTC 2018

Greetings,

So I did a over-confident-admin-makes-rookie-mistake. I changed a bunch
of things all back-to-back and thus don't actually know what broke. :-D

The only two real "big" changes were:
* Upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2
* change my ovirtmgmt network

The update I followed the upgrade procedures and I thought it all went
pretty well. Because I am moving it from a testing into what I hope will
be a more heavily used environment, I changed my ovirtmgmt network from
192.168.100.0/24 to 192.168.101.0/24 via the web-gui.

That was a touch tricker than just a change as I had to poke the
management engine host to be reachable on both network for a while, then
it just seemed OK.

What's happening is:
* I can no longer migrate a vm from one host to the other.
* If I try to do a "reinstall" it dies.
* There is some serious network lag between my hosts on a 10Gb network.
* I've got all kinds of python2.4 failures in my vdsm and mom logs.

Those are least the biggies.

So while I was planning on moving this to a more active use case, right
now - it is all still my play ground. I would REALLY hate to lose the
VM's but everything else can go and be rebuilt.

Given that I've somehow really broke this system pretty good, would it
be more advisable to blow away and rebuild it ALL or can I simply delete
the hypervisor hosts and rebuild them?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
~Stack~