[ovirt-users] OVN between two different datacenters with different networks

Vasily Lamykin vasily.lamykin at MegaFon.ru
Fri Apr 13 09:44:33 UTC 2018

Very big thanks, In your solution I want fix only one...
" tunneling-IP is IP-of-host-of-engine-2"
For me - works variant is IP of host2 , which can provides access to engine1

Василий Ламыкин
Старший инженер по эксплуатации сетевых сервисов Центра управления сетью Столица
Единый Центр управления сетью
+7 (925) 696-1032
-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Holler [mailto:dholler at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:08 PM
To: Vasily Lamykin (GNOC) <vasily.lamykin at MegaFon.ru>
Cc: users at ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] OVN between two different datacenters with different networks

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:48:50 +0000
Vasily Lamykin <vasily.lamykin at MegaFon.ru> wrote:

> Hi, all
> I try to configure ovn in engine, what I do by step:
> 1.Created network test1 with external ovn provider on engine1
> 2.Created subnet for this network 3.Connect engine2 to engine1 ovn
> provider(through “add provider”) 4.Successfully imported network test1
> on engine2 5.I see subnet’s on all engines 6.Created 2 VM with nic in
> network test1 on both engines 7.Assigned ips from one
> subnet(192.168.10.0/24) to all VMs

The subnet is used to configure OVN's internal DHCP server.
This means you use DHCP to assign IPs to the vNICs, which is already a good test if the VM is connected as expected.

> Expected results: VM from engine1 can ping VM from engine2 in same
> subnet in ovn network test1
>
> Now, I don’t have ping ability between two VMs
>
> ovn-nbctl show
> switch 54beaa3c-de8f-435f-b132-8542ddeb4b4b (test-ovn-phys)
>     port b580d44d-e616-42dd-9e17-63983d0f91e5
>         addresses: ["00:1a:4a:16:01:01 dynamic"]
>     port cfd5f32c-00a7-419e-8bbe-27518a4c74dc
>         addresses: ["00:1a:4a:16:01:00 dynamic"]
>
> node from engine1 with testVM
> vnet0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast
> master ovs-system state UNKNOWN qlen 1000 link/ether
> fe:1a:4a:16:01:01 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet6
> fe80::fc1a:4aff:fe16:101/64 scope link valid_lft forever preferred_lft
> forever
>
> node from engine2 with testVM
> vnet0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast
> master ovs-system state UNKNOWN qlen 1000 link/ether
> fe:1a:4a:16:01:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet6
> fe80::fc1a:4aff:fe16:100/64 scope link valid_lft forever preferred_lft
> forever
>
> How can I do ovn connection? What I did wrong?

Please note that per host only a single OVN central is supported!

Please check via
sudo ovn-sbctl show
on engine1 if both hosts are connected to OVN central engine1.

Probably the host of engine2 is configured to use engine2 as it's OVN central. Probable the host of engine2 has to be connected to OVN central engine1 and the tunneling interface might require some configuration.

Both is handled by executing
/usr/libexec/ovirt-provider-ovn/setup_ovn_controller.sh \  IP-central tunneling-IP key_file cert_file ca_file on the host.

Probably
IP-central is IP-of-engine1
tunneling-IP is IP-of-host-of-engine-2
and key_file cert_file ca_file has to be stolen from host of engine1 and copied in a new location on host2 and configured on host2.