[ovirt-users] Performance Issue

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 09:51:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 at 12:45 Thomas Fecke <thomas.fecke at eset.de> wrote:

> Okay,
>

> it seems to be that the Storage IO is the Problem – every Write and Read
> Process takes a lot of time
>

> Sometimes the copy Job stops with 0/Byte and the traffic goes up and down
> like a mountain.
>

> But the Storage Read and Write M/s looking fine… I don’t get it
>

> Any toughts?

Keep monitoring you storage backend interface and see what's going on there
if you don't see anything special on the host. It could be the network that
leads to slow IO as well, who knows.

If the initial VM creation is taking long you might want to create a pool
from your template with Pre-Started VMs, and that would at least save you
from the wait when you actually need the VM.