[ovirt-users] Failed to Communicate with External Provider QEMU - related to RedHat Bug 1426573

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 06:52:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:34:54 +0000
"Vrgotic, Marko" <M.Vrgotic at activevideo.com> wrote:

> If I try to use same proxy host, from command line, I am able to connect, no problems what so ever:
>
> [root at aws-ovhv-07 vdsm]# virsh -c qemu+ssh://root@aws-ovhv-08.avinity.tv/system

You need to be running this as 'vdsm' user. See the "Additional info" in
the description of the bug you referenced. Or see the preparatory steps
described in [1]. The documentation is for Xen, but the steps are
analogous for KVM.

    Tomas

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/virt/XenToOvirt/

--