[ovirt-users] custom hosted-engine issues

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 09:40:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

you need to add a storage domain for VMs first. The hosted engine
domain and VM will then be auto imported.

See the following in the Hosted engine deployment guide:
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Deploying_Self-Hosted_Engine/

"Important: Log in as the admin at internal user to continue configuring
the Engine and add further resources. You must create another data
domain for the data center to be initialized to host regular virtual
machine data, and for the Engine virtual machine to be visible."

You seem to be using oVirt 4.1 so please note that the oVirt 4.2.2
release now supports much better and safer deployment method.

Best regards

--
Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt