[ovirt-users] Performance Issue

Thomas Fecke thomas.fecke at eset.de
Wed Apr 18 12:09:04 UTC 2018

Atleast we found the Bottle neck. Our Data Domain is the Problem

IOStat:

Device:         rrqm/s   wrqm/s     r/s     w/s    rkB/s    wkB/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await r_await w_await  svctm  %util
sda               0,00   615,67   78,00  962,33  2125,33 37065,33    75,34     5,68    5,42    1,10    5,77   0,96  99,40

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle
           0,00    0,00    1,44   22,63    0,00   75,93

Device:         rrqm/s   wrqm/s     r/s     w/s    rkB/s    wkB/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await r_await w_await  svctm  %util
sda               0,67   655,33   92,00 1033,67  2446,67 38390,67    72,56     5,66    5,06    1,83    5,35   0,88  99,50

Any Idea why we got so much write Requests? Its getting up to 2000.

I guess the IO is from our Windows VM´s