[ovirt-users] Unable to add host to cluster after network

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:35:10 UTC 2018

On 04/18/2018 09:55 AM, ~Stack~ wrote:
> On 04/18/2018 08:41 AM, Eitan Raviv wrote:
>> Hi Stack,
>>
>> I read through your ordeal and I would like to post a few comments:
>
> Thanks I appreciate it!
>
>>   * When I try to reproduce your scenario with the second network set to
>>     'not required' before on-boarding the second host, it  is processed
>>     and set to 'up' by the engine without any hiccups or any errors in
>>     the log.
>
> Hrm. Yeah, I think I can reproduce the failure. I've only done it once,
> but I have the chance to test so just to make sue I've got the right
> information I'm going to run a another test specifically for it.

I agree with you, Eitan. I did a complete rebuild and made sure my
alternate network was set to 'not required' before adding the second
host. I successfully added a second host. It is possible I did something
else wrong in that first test.

Since this is an acceptable work-around for now, I am going to finish
building my hosts out so I can move forward with this project.

I would still like feedback on my other questions in the original post
if anyone is willing.

Thanks!
~Stack~