[ovirt-users] Emergency shutdown script

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 23 22:16:36 UTC 2018

On 23-4-2018 20:13, Simon Vincent wrote:
> Does anyone have a way of shutting down oVirt automatically in the
> case of a power outage?
>
> Ideally I would like a script that can be automatically run when the
> UPS reaches a certain level. I had a look at the python SDK but I
> could only find functions for shutting down VMs and not hosts. Also I
> suspect this wont let me shutdown the hosted engine VM.

I have posted in the past a script which you might be able to use as a
starting point.
I've got a, most of the time, a single server setup using hosted-engine
for development/testing work and shutdown my server when needed.
Recently found out that using 'sanlock client shutdown -f 1 -w 1'  will
allow me to shutdown my server cleanly.
I'll dig up the script when I'm booted into CentOS instead of Windows :-)
Nudge me if I forget to post the script :-)

Regards,

Joop