[ovirt-users] no available host to migrate on - for some of my VM's

Nico De Ranter nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
Wed Apr 25 11:18:21 UTC 2018

I've reinstalled my ovirt setup and now I can successfully migrate all VM's
back and forth.

It seems that during the creation of the VM's some settings were different
eventhough I did not touch them. I can't quite figure out why.
For instance while most of my Linux VM's have an virtio disk controller,
one had virtio-scsi. Beats me why

Nico

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Nico De Ranter <nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
> wrote:

> I started reinstalling the servers in the mean time.  I'll try again and
> report whether it happens again or not.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Nico
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Ala Hino <ahino at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you please share the the manager (engine) log?
>> Engine log is under: /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Nico De Ranter <
>> nico.deranter at esaturnus.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've installed a small test setup with 2 ovirt 4.2.2.6 nodes.  I've
>>> created a number of VM's which are happily running distributed over both
>>> hosts.  Now I want to try migrating them between the hosts. However for
>>> some reason I can only migrate some of the VM's.  When I click on 'migrate'
>>> for some of the VM's I get the message 'No available host to migrate on'.
>>>
>>> I tried comparing the settings via the GUI for a VM that can be migrated
>>> and one that cannot be migrated, but I do not see any difference.
>>> Note: all VM's are running Debian.
>>>
>>> Any ideas what could be the reason?  Is there any other location or log
>>> file where I can get more details?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Nico
>>>
>>> --