[ovirt-users] Attaching disk returns "Bad Request"

Shani Leviim sleviim at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 12:44:05 UTC 2018

Hi Marcin,

Following the link you've provided earlier [1], it seems to me that your
SDK syntax fits the template supplied there in the example.

<disk_attachment>
<bootable>false</bootable>
<interface>virtio</interface>
<active>true</active>
<disk id="a016b350-87ef-4c3b-b150-024907fed9c0"/>
</disk_attachment>

It also mentioned there that adding an attachment is a POST method:

POST /ovirt-engine/api/vms/345/diskattachments

In case you attend to update a disk attachment (which already has been
attached to the VM), the request should be

PUT /vms/{vm:id}/disksattachments/{attachment:id}

Hope it helps :)

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html-single/rest_api_guide/#services-disk_attachment-methods-add
[2]