[ovirt-users] Attaching disk returns "Bad Request"

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 21:06:32 UTC 2018

Hi Marcin,

It seems to be availalbe since Apr 18th (see [1]), so I think you could try
to upgrade and check if that fixes your problem.

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/release/4.2.3/

Regards,
Maor

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:03 PM, Marcin Kubacki <m.kubacki at storware.eu>
wrote:

> [...]
> The fix was introduced in oVirt 4.2.3.2
> Which version are you using?
>
> Regards,
> Maor
>

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Maor Lipchuk <mlipchuk at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcin,
>>
>> Can you please also attach the VDSM log so we can see the exact XML that
>> is being sent to libvirt.
>> (I'm replying on the users list, let's continue to discuss it here)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Maor
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Marcin Kubacki <m.kubacki at storware.eu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Maor,
>>>
>>> it looks like the problem is deeper, potentially related to how the VM
>>> storage is configured (not to the request itself),
>>> and it is the first time we’ve seen something like this. Customer has
>>> oVirt 4.2, and this wasn’t happening in older environments.
>>>
>>> Can you help us solving this issue?
>>>

>>> Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
>>>
>>> Marcin Kubacki
>>> Chief Software Architect
>>>
>>> e-mail: m.kubacki at storware.eu <j.sobieszczanski at storware.eu>
>>> mobile: +48 730-602-612
>>>
>>> *ul. Leszno 8/44*
>>> *01-192 Warszawa *
>>> *www.storware.eu <https://www.storware.eu/>*
>>>

>>> Wiadomość napisana przez Hanna Terentieva <h.terentieva at storware.eu> w
>>> dniu 23.04.2018, o godz. 10:33:
>>>
>>> Hi Maor,
>>>
>>> My request looks correct and as for ovirt mailing list
>>> there seems to be a similar issue with VDSM failure here
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg45797.html.
>>> Have you possibly encountered a similar issue?
>>>
>>> On Sun, 2018-04-22 at 10:47 +0300, Maor Lipchuk wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hanna,
>>>
>>> If the diskalready exists you should use PUT method with the following
>>>
>>> You can take a look at the following documentation for more details:
>>>   https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtua
>>> lization/4.1/html-single/rest_api_guide/#services-disk_attac
>>> hment-methods-update
>>>
>>> If you already done this and still have a problem, I suggest to send
>>> this to the ovirt users maliing list, so you can get a more appropriate
>>> guidence there.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Maor
>>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Hanna Terentieva <
>>> h.terentieva at storware.eu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Maor,
>>>
>>> We encountered an issue with hotplugging disks when trying to attach a
>>> disk to client's envirtonment.
>>> The disk attachment request:
>>>
>>> <disk_attachment>
>>> <bootable>false</bootable>
>>> <interface>virtio</interface>
>>> <active>true</active>
>>> <disk id="a016b350-87ef-4c3b-b150-024907fed9c0"/>
>>> </disk_attachment>
>>>
>>> returns this error:
>>>
>>> Error: HTTP response code is "400". HTTP response message is "Bad
>>> org.ovirt.engine.sdk4.internal.services.ServiceImpl.throwErr
>>> or(ServiceImpl.java:113)
>>> org.ovirt.engine.sdk4.internal.services.ServiceImpl.checkFau
>>> lt(ServiceImpl.java:40)
>>> org.ovirt.engine.sdk4.internal.services.DiskAttachmentsServi
>>> ceImpl$AddRequestImpl.send(DiskAttachmentsServiceImpl.java:111)