[ovirt-users] How to change the interface when the host is being deployed?

Xirinachs, Diego dxirinac at akamai.com
Fri Apr 27 22:44:38 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

I am trying to setup ovirt for the first time. I have my ovirt-engine up and running and I am trying to add my first host to it.

The problem I am having is that I have 4 interfaces, 2 of them unused. I would like ovirtmgmt bridge to be setup on ens15f1 interface which has a private ip of 10.10.10.9 on it.

When I try to add the host to oVirt, I can see it attaches the ovirtmgmt bridge to one of the unused interfaces, this of course will never work, so I need a way of changing that to be ens15f1.

I tried going into the "setup networks" part on the host and dragging the box over to the correct interface, but it complains with the following error:

Cannot setup Networks. The following Networks' definitions on the Network Interfaces are different than those on the Logical Networks. Please synchronize the Network Interfaces before editing the networks: ovirtmgmt.

So I go and try to synchronize networks which seems to finish successfully, but nothing happens (

So what I did was to manually go into the host, edit the interface files myself to make ovirtmgmt point to the correct interface. Is there a way to make the ovirt-engine aware of this? Or push the config from the host to the engine so that it syncs?

What other things can I try? It seems really weird that the initial provisioning picks an interface that is down and no clear way to change it.

Thanks for the help!

Diego Xirinachs
Akamai Technologies