[ovirt-users] Use an oVirt-VM as a VDSM server

James Michels karma.sometimes.hurts at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:02:35 UTC 2018

Greetings.

In terms of teaching our students how to create and configure an oVirt
infrastructure, we're planning to provide each of them a VM that will act
as a Manager server, which has no issues so far. The problem is that we
don't have enough physical machines to use as virtualization servers
(VDSM), therefore we have been trying to use a CentOS7 based oVirt guest to
run as a VDSM server.

However, when trying to add it as a host, a (logical) error message shows
up saying that the VM doesn't allow virtualization.

The question is simple: Is there a way to enable virtualization on an oVirt
VM, so we can deploy them as VDSM servers?

This is oVirt 4.2.2 FWIW.

Thanks

James