[ovirt-users] restricting release version when upgrading/installing Linux Enterprise hosts?

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 30 14:32:15 UTC 2018

Thanks!

Maybe the cinder/ceph setup is not so "very" customized, but we are
using a current librbd1 (12.2.x) instead of the version in CentOS 7. For
this we had to switch from upstream Ceph RPMs (depending on
lttng-ust/userspace-rcu from epel repo) to self-compiled Ceph RPMs
(depending on lttng-ust/userspace-rcu from centos-ceph-luminous repo) on
virtualization hosts when upgrading to oVirt 4.2. We have been using a
Ceph 12.2.x cluster as storage with oVirt 4.1 (now 4.2) for quite some
time with good results. Of course we would be happy to see further
Cinder integration in oVirt ("Future Work?" on
https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/cinder-integration/),
but we understand that oVirt is focused on Gluster.

matthias