[ovirt-users] Windows 10 floppy not found during setup

Vincent Royer vincent at epicenergy.ca
Sat Feb 3 10:31:38 UTC 2018

I am trying to install Windows 10 on Ovirt 4.2

I pushed the virtio-win iso and vfd files to my ISO domain.   I created the
VM and loaded the CD rom with the windows install ISO and in the "run once"
settings I chose the virtio-win selection as a floppy.  However when
entering windows setup, there is no drive to install to, and no floppy
shows up in the usual place to install the drivers.

the installation did succeed when selecting "IDE" as the target disk
instead of the virtio or virtio-SCSI options.

Is there any way to install the drivers after the fact and then change the
disk mode from IDE to virtio?

Is the method on this page
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/virtual-machines/create-a-windows-7-virtual-machine/

still relevant?  Looks like they suggest swapping the CD disk once the
windows setup has begun.

Thanks!