[ovirt-users] Add a disk and set the console for a VM in the user portal

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Tue Feb 6 11:45:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

We recently upgraded to oVirt 4.2.0 and we're testing things so we can
determine if our production system might also be upgraded or not. We do
an extensive use of the User Portal, I've granted the VmCreator and
DiskProfileUser privileges on a user (the user has a quota as well), I
logged in to the user portal, I can successfully create a VM setting its
memory and CPUs but:

1) I can't see a way to change the console type. By default, when the
machine is created, SPICE is chosen as the mechanism, and I'd like to
change it to VNC, but I can't find a way.
2) I can't see a way to add a disk to the VM.

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see in the panel.

Are some new privileges needed to add a disk or change the console type?

Thanks