[ovirt-users] ovirt and gateway behavior

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Tue Feb 6 15:06:48 UTC 2018

I’ve seen this sort of happen on my systems, the gateway ip goes down for some reason, and the engine restarts repeatedly, rending it unusable, even though it’s on the same ip subnet as all the host boxes and can still talk to the VDSMs. In my case, it doesn’t hurt the cluster or DC, but it’s annoying and unnecessary in my environment where the gateway isn’t important for cluster communications..

I can understand why using the ip of the gateway became a test as a proxy for network connectivity, but it seems like it’s something that isn’t always valid and maybe the local admin should have a choice of how it’s used. Something like the current fencing option for “50% hosts down” as a double check, if you can still reach the vdsm hosts, don’t restart the engine vm.

  -Darrell