[ovirt-users] Add a disk and set the console for a VM in the user portal

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Wed Feb 7 10:59:08 UTC 2018

El 2018-02-07 10:54, Michal Skrivanek escribió:
>> On 6 Feb 2018, at 13:13, nicolas at devels.es wrote:
>>
>> I can't even see other options, like adding NICs, or changing the
>> machine type (server, desktop)... Was this removed on purpose or
>> there's some permission(s) to grant?
>
> it just hasn’t been coded. Feel free to open issues or submit patches
> for the project[1]

I will open the issues for that. I feel the new interface has been a
nice improvement but if it doesn't contain all the former
functionalities it's not useful at all. Our users create their machines
from scratch with no template (they are engineering students and they
need to know how to do some basic stuff).

Thank you.

>> El 2018-02-06 11:45, nicolas at devels.es escribió:
>>> Hi,
>>> We recently upgraded to oVirt 4.2.0 and we're testing things so we
>>> can
>>> determine if our production system might also be upgraded or not. We
>>> do an extensive use of the User Portal, I've granted the VmCreator
>>> and
>>> DiskProfileUser privileges on a user (the user has a quota as well),
>>> logged in to the user portal, I can successfully create a VM setting
>>> its memory and CPUs but:
>
> yeah, the VM creation in ovirt-ewb-ui is simplistic and relies on the
> original Template mostly.
>
>>> 1) I can't see a way to change the console type. By default, when the
>>> machine is created, SPICE is chosen as the mechanism, and I'd like to
>>> change it to VNC, but I can't find a way.
>
> it’s using whatever you have in the Template. Could you change it
> there? If you need flexibility then use SPICE+VNC, then clients can
> choose either.
>
> Thanks,
> michal
>
> [1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-web-ui
>
>>> 2) I can't see a way to add a disk to the VM.
>>> I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see in the panel.
>>> Are some new privileges needed to add a disk or change the console
>>> type?
>>> Thanks