[ovirt-users] Info about exporting from vSphere

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 10:51:41 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 4:38 PM, Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto <
> lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
>> <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks Luca.
>> > I asked because I see this inside the gui.
>> > https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vI9RUq9t4J--jlkqSxvG2jqylG
>> fD2sP/view?usp=sharing
>> >
>> > Probably you do it via api and you don't need to provide ESXi
>> credentials?
>> > Did you try also from web admin gui leaving empty the fields related to
>> > ESXi?
>> >

>> If you're not used to libvirt connection to vmware, all that fields
>> could scare. Anyway you need to fill out all the values, because are
>> needed to locate the vm you want to migrate.
>>

> So you are confirming that using "VMware" import option all fields are
> needed, ESXi hostname and credentials comprised.
> In fact if I don't fill and click "Load", in the ESXi fileds I get the
> popup notice that "this filed can't be empty"...

Oooops, sorry!

I misread the window ;-(
The "password" field is under ESXi field, but it is related to vSphere
credentials, not ESXi....
In fact inside the window there is only one "password" field.

I just tried and it works. in the sense that with "Load" I see the VMs
inside the DC/Cluster

Sorry again for the rumor