[ovirt-users] Info about windows guest performance

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:32:07 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> Analyzing my command line I see the "-no-hpet" but I dont see the "hv_time"
>
> See below full comand.
>
> Any hints?
>

> What OS type do you have set for that VM? Make sure it matches the Windows
> version. That enables the hyperv enlightenments settings
>
> Thanks,
> michal

If I edit the VM, in general settings I see "Other OS" as operating system.
In General subtab after selecting the VM  in "Virtual Machines" tab I again
see "Other OS" in "Operating System" and the field "Origin" filled with the
value "VMware"

During virt-v2v it seems it was recognized as Windows 2008 though...

libguestfs: trace: v2v: hivex_value_utf8 = "Windows Server 2008 R2
Enterprise"
libguestfs: trace: v2v: hivex_value_key 11809408

I can send all the log if it can help.
Thanks,
Gianluca