[ovirt-users] Issue with 4.2.1 RC and SSL

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:41:39 UTC 2018

On 02/11/2018 02:41 AM, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 2:43 AM, ~Stack~ <i.am.stack at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>> We decided to just start from scratch and my coworker watched and
>>> confirmed every step. It works! No problems at all this time. Further
>>> evidence that I goofed _something_ up the first time.
>>

>> We should really have an Ansible role that performs the conversion to
>> self-signed certificates.
>> That would make the conversion easier and safer.
>
> +1
>
> Not sure "self-signed" is the correct term here. Also the internal
> engine CA's cert is self-signed.
>
> I guess you refer to this:
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/appe-oVirt_and_SSL/
>
> I'd call it "configure-3rd-party-CA" or something like that.

Greetings,

Another +1 from me (obviously! :-).

I also agree in that we are not doing a self-signed cert, but rather
we've purchased a cert from one of the big-name-CA-vendors that is valid
for our domain. "configure-3rd-party-CA" makes more sense to me.

Lastly, that is the link that I used for a guide.

Thanks!
~Stack~