[ovirt-users] Defining custom network filter or editing existing

Dominik Holler dholler at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 08:24:02 UTC 2018

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 16:09:59 -0800
Tim Thompson <ovirt at a.inyourendo.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I was wondering if someone can point me in the direction of the
> documentation related to defining custom network filters (nwfilter)
> in 4.2. I found the docs on assigning a network filter to a vNIC
> profile, but I cannot find any mention of how you can create your
> own. Normally you'd use 'virst nwfilter-define', but that is locked
> out since vdsm manages everything. I need to expand clean-traffic's
> scope to include ipv6, since it doesn't handle ipv6 at all by
> default, it seems.

Custom network filters are not supported.
If you still want to use custom network filters, you would have to:
- add custom network properties on oVirt-engine level,
- add a hook like vdsm_hooks/noipspoof/noipspoof.py which modifies
  libvirt's domain XML to activate the custom network filter and
- be yourself responsible to deploy the custom network filter
  definition to all nodes