[ovirt-users] Unable to start VM after oVirt Upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1

Stefano Danzi s.danzi at hawai.it
Tue Feb 13 09:51:57 UTC 2018

Hello!

In my test system I upgraded from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 and I can't start any VM.
Hosted engine starts regularly.

I have a sigle host with Hosted Engine.

Host cpu is a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz

When I start any VM I get this error: "The CPU type of the cluster is
unknown. Its possible to change the cluster cpu or set a different one
per VM."

All VMs have " Guest CPU Type: N/D"

Cluster now has CPU Type "Intel Conroe Family" (I don't remember cpu
type before the upgrade), my CPU should be Ivy Bridge but it isn't in
the dropdown list.

If I try to select a similar cpu (SandyBridge IBRS) I get an error. I
can't chage cluster cpu type when I have running hosts with a lower CPU
type.
I can't put host in maintenance because  hosted engine is running on it.

How I can solve?