[ovirt-users] Network configuration validation error

spfma.tech at e.mail.fr spfma.tech at e.mail.fr
Tue Feb 13 13:09:03 UTC 2018

I did not see I had to enable another repo to get this update, so I was sure I had the latest version available !
 After adding it, things went a lot better and I was able to update the engine and all the nodes flawlessly to version 4.2.1.6-1.el7.centos Thanks a lot for your help !   The "no default route error" has disappeared indeed.   But I still couldn't validate network setup modifications on one node as I still had the following error in the GUI :

 	* must match "^b((25[0-5]|2[0-4]d|[01]dd|d?d)_){3}(25[0-5]|2[0-4]d|[01]dd|d?d)"
 	* Attribute: ipConfiguration.iPv4Addresses[0].gateway

 So I tried a dummy thing : I put a value in the gateway field for the NIC which doesn't need one (NFS), was able to validate. Then I edited it again, removed the value and was able to validate again !    Regards

 Le 12-Feb-2018 10:42:30 +0100, mburman at redhat.com a crit:
  "no default route" bug was fixed only on 4.2.1 Your current version doesn't have the fix
 On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:09 AM,  wrote:

 Le 12-Feb-2018 08:06:43 +0100, jbelka at redhat.com a crit:
> This option relevant only for the upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0(engine had
 > different OS major versions), it all other cases the upgrade flow very
 > similar to upgrade flow of standard engine environment.
 >

 > 1. Put hosted-engine environment to GlobalMaintenance(you can do it via
 > UI)
 > 2. Update engine packages(# yum update -y)
 > 3. Run engine-setup
 > 4. Disable GlobalMaintenance
 >   So I followed these steps connected in the engine VM and didn't get any error message. But the version showed in the GUI is  still 4.2.0.2-1.el7.centos. Yum had no newer packages to install. And I still have the "no default route" and network validation problems. Regards
 > Could someone explain me at least what "Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which
 > is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."
 > means ? As far as I know 4.2 is the most recent branch available, isn't it ?

 I have no idea where did you get

 "Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."

 Please do not cut output and provide exact one.

 IIUC you should do 'yum update ovirt*setup*' and then 'engine-setup'
 and only after it would finish successfully you would do 'yum -y update'.
 Maybe that's your problem?

 Jiri

Michael Burman

Senior Quality engineer - rhv network - redhat israel

Red Hat

 mburman at redhat.com  M: 0545355725 IM: mburman