[ovirt-users] Ovirt 3.6 to 4.2 upgrade

Gary Lloyd g.lloyd at keele.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 13:27:06 UTC 2018

Hi Yaniv

We attempted to share the code a few years back, but I don't think it got
accepted.

In vdsm.conf we have two bridged interfaces, each connected to a SAN uplink:

[irs]
iscsi_default_ifaces = san1,san2

And here is a diff of the file
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/storage/ vs the original for
vdsm-4.20.17-1
:

463,498c463,464
<
<         # Original Code ##
<
<         #iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
<         #timeout = config.getint("irs", "udev_settle_timeout")
<         #udevadm.settle(timeout)
<
<         ### Altered Code for EqualLogic Direct LUNs for Keele University
: G.Lloyd ###
<
<         ifaceNames = config.get('irs', 'iscsi_default_ifaces').split(',')
<         if not ifaceNames:
<             iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
<         else:
<             self.log.debug("Connecting on interfaces:
{}".format(ifaceNames))
<             #for ifaceName in ifaceNames:
<             success = False
<             while ifaceNames:
<                 self.log.debug("Remaining interfaces to try:
{}".format(ifaceNames))
<                 ifaceName = ifaceNames.pop()
<                 try:
<                     self.log.debug("Connecting on {}".format(ifaceName))
<                     iscsi.addIscsiNode(iscsi.IscsiInterface(ifaceName),
self._target, self._cred)
<                     self.log.debug("Success connecting on
{}".format(ifaceName))
<                     success = True
<                 except:
<                     self.log.debug("Failure connecting on interface
{}".format(ifaceName))
<                     if ifaceNames:
<                       self.log.debug("More iscsi interfaces to try,
continuing")
<                       pass
<                     elif success:
<                       self.log.debug("Already succeded on an interface,
continuing")
<                       pass
<                     else:
<                       self.log.debug("Could not connect to iscsi target
on any interface, raising exception")
<                       raise
<         timeout = config.getint("irs", "scsi_settle_timeout")
---
>         iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
>         timeout = config.getint("irs", "udev_settle_timeout")
501,502d466
<         ### End of Custom Alterations ###
<

Regards

*Gary Lloyd*
I.T. Systems:Keele University